The following Claims EDI transactions will continue to be accepted by the Commission:
- FROI 00 (Original)
- FROI 01 (Cancel)
- FROI 02 (Change)
- FROI AQ (Acquired Claim)
- FROI AU (Acquired / Unallocated)
- FROI CO (Correction)
Trading Partners submitting FROI EDI transactions should not submit a Form 19 to the Commission.
Until further notice, and based on the NCIC Event Table, the following Claims EDI transactions (FROI/SROI reports) will not be accepted and Trading Partners will receive a rejection acknowledgement (TR) from the Commission:
- SROI 02 (Change)
- SROI 04 (Denial)
- SROI AP (Acquired / Payment)
- SROI CA (Change in Benefit Amount)
- SROI CB (Change in Benefit Type)
- SROI CO (Correction)
- SROI EP (Employer Paid)
- SROI ER (Employer Reinstatement)
- SROI FN (Final)
- SROI IP (Initial Payment)
- SROI PY (Payment Report)
- SROI RB (Reinstatement of Benefits)
- SROI RE (Reduced Earnings)
- SROI S1 (Suspension, Return to Work, or Medically Determined/Qualified Return to Work)
- SROI S4 (Suspension, Claimant Death)
- SROI S7 (Suspension, Benefits Exhausted)
- SROI S8 (Suspension, Jurisdiction Change)
- SROI SD (Suspension, Directed by Jurisdiction)
All carriers and employers shall submit the appropriate IC Forms (Forms 60, 61, 62, 63, 28, 28B, 28C, 28T) on paper or electronically. The Commission will be contacting Trading Partners who have submitted SROI EDI transactions to resolve any issues with those reports.
ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING MEDICAL BILL REPORTING ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE (EDI)
In response to requests from employers, carriers, and third-party administrators, the Industrial Commission will delay the mandatory implementation date for Medical Bill Reporting via EDI from March 1, 2014, to July 1, 2014. This purpose of this postponement is to allow these stakeholders additional time for preparation and necessary programming. No additional extensions will be granted.
- Electronic reporting for Medical Billing will become available on March 1, 2013, and mandatory implementation is required for workers’ compensation carriers and self-insured employers by July 1, 2014.
- Electronic reporting will occur via EDI transactions, using the Medical Billing 2.0 reporting standards adopted by the IAIABC.
- Medical Billing EDI testing will be available beginning January 2, 2013.
Additional information on EDI transactions can be found online at the IAIABC website, http://www.iaiabc.org
The North Carolina Industrial Commission has contracted with Insurance Services Office, Inc. (ISO) to manage its electronic reporting. ISO will be administering registration of carriers, self-insurers, medical bill review companies and third party administrators as trading partners, EDI testing, and data collection and submission of EDI data to the NCIC.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding implementation of EDI FROI/SROI or EDI MED reporting in North Carolina, please contact ISO at email@example.com
If you would like to join the NCIC EDI Mailing List to receive important announcements on North Carolina's reporting requirements, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contacts indicated on the Trading Partner Registration will be automatically added to this list.